Let Go and Grow
by Dr. TRuth
I can practically guarantee that,
if you are continually frustrated in your efforts to grow either by meeting someone new after a failed relationship, or finding a new career path, or even new friends, that there are vestiges of holding on to earlier events which are stopping your progress.
I become more and more convinced that in
order to move ahead in your life you really have to leave behind what is behind.
The biblical metaphor for this
phenomenon is Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt as she looked behind her to see Sodom burnt to the ground.
Unless we let what
has passed truly be over, its ghost continues to haunt us, and actually
hampers the arrival of the wished-for event.
This process can actually go on for years.
So if there is anything right now that you truly want and it is just not happening, ask yourself what you have not let go of that might possibly be in the way.
Here are several steps to help you achieve the "Let Go and Grow" process in your own life.
1. Ask yourself what you truly want and focus on it completely, with absolutely no reservations.
Example: "I want to fall in love with the man of my dreams." Period. No qualifications, ifs, ands, or buts.
2. Believe fully that nothing and nobody can stop you from having the good that is rightfully yours.
3. Completely and totally forgive yourself for all past mistakes, errors, mishaps, wrong doings .
This means that you acknowledge what you did (or what was done to you) and psychologically move on. Really believe that whatever has happened is over!!!
4. Whenever past-oriented thinking (like regret or nostalgia) intrudes, banish it.
Replace it with visualizing exactly what you want in the present.
5. Know that whatever it is you want, you deserve and can have, as soon as you stop believing that the past can control your life.
It can't, unless you let yourself stay there.
6. Lastly, believe that the letting go process can and will allow whatever you desire to manifest.
Nothing is in its way but the past.
Give this a try. I would love hearing your experiences with it. Believe me, it works.
How to Survive a Break Up >>>
Read letters to Dr. TRuth and her relationship advice >>>
Relationship Articles and Help >>>
More help for a happy life >>>
Check out "Twelve Rules for Being Human" - if you REALLY want the secret to life and self-awareness ...